This is a guide that shows how to install and configure Zaptec Pro.
Please note that this is not a copy of the installation manual and that we recommend using the manual during installation. You can download the installation manual, here.
Prepare installation in the Zaptec Portal
The first thing you need to do is to add the charger(s) to an installation in the Zaptec Portal. This is so that the chargers can communicate with the cloud. Here you can find more information about how to create new charge points in the portal.
To be able to add installations and charge points to the portal your Zaptec account needs to be added to a user group and have service access. To get this you need to undergo technical training to become a certified Zaptec partner/installer. Please contact your sales representative or our technical support for more information. If this is the first time your user group is creating an installation you need to contact our technical support or your technical account manager to do this.
After the charger is added to the Zaptec Portal you can start installing the charger on-site.
In addition to the charging station and back plate you will need, an 8mm socket wrench, a 7mm socket wrench, a 4mm Allan key, and a T10 Torx.
- Start with mounting the backplate on a flat surface.
- Connect the wires in accordance with the electrical system at the location.
- Test the installation with a multimeter.
- Remove the front cover and position the charger on the backplate
- Switch on the power supply to check that the status indicator illuminates yellow. It will change to green after 2-3 min.
When installing multiple Zaptec Pro chargers, remember that the circuit must supply power to all charging stations without going through any of the backplates. The backplates are not designed to handle currents higher than 40A.
Configure charger in app
The last step is to configure the charger in the Zaptec app.
- In the app; go to Home, tap on the three-dot icon, and then Configure products.
- Enter the PIN code, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Configure the power grid and connect the charger to the network.
If the charging station does not come online, check that the network setup is in accordance with the network requirements in the chapter Internet and Network Requirements in the manual, or click here for more information.
Give access to the installation owner
Be sure to add the owner to the installation you created in the Zaptec Portal.
Watch more videos here: